The Best Directors Of Bollywood Who Have Taken A Different Path Of Making Films
Published On: 24 July 2018 | Bollywood | By: Rohan M
Mostly Bollywood was stereotyped for putting too much of song and dance frequently in their films to attract the audience. But as the time passed by, this formula turned out to be stale and now most of the directors have started focusing on giving path breaking stories in their films.
Here are some of the directors who have taken the road less travelled:
1. Nitesh Tiwari: The director who started out with Chillar Party which was a comical satire on a bunch of kids who protest against a corrupt politician who wants their land and slowly directed a political satire Bhoothnath Returns. Now he’s the director of the biggest grossing film of India Dangal which had cast its magic in China as well.
2. Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari: She started out with her directorial debut Nil Battey Sannata which had Swara Bhaskar in the lead role, the film was well appreciated by the audience that it was remade simultaneously in Tamil by the director. She recently won awards for her direction in Bareilly Ki Barfi.
3. Meghna Gulzar: The daughter of the legendary music composer Gulzar is no stranger to the world of films. She started out with the serious subject of surrogacy in Filhaal and suddenly she bounced back with a hard-hitting thriller Talvar which was appreciated by the audience. Now she’s enjoying the success of her latest venture Raazi.
4. Shoojit Sircar: The man who started with a humble beginning in films and then went on giving good films like Vicky Donor, Madras Cafe, Piku, Pink and much recently October. He has a unique way of connecting with the common people with his films.
5. Ayan Mukherjee: The director knows how to connect to the younger generation with his films. You tend to see the carefree and joyful life of a college student in Wake Up Sid and the aspirations of the younger generation in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. Now the director is stepping out of his comfort zone and is going to make Brahmastra, a 3D superhero flick.
6. Sriram Raghavan: He is well known for using the Hollywood elements of adding neo-noir and dark elements in his films like Johnny Gaddar and Badlapur which have been well received by the audience. He will be the new face for making neo-noir films more memorable.
We need more of these directors who know how to entertain the audience with unconventional films.
Also Read: Tried And Tested Formula Of Bollywood Filmmakers In Their Films
Liked it? Then, Share it :)Share on Facebook Tweet this post
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
Top 5 Pandemic Movies To Watch In Self Quarantine.
24 March 2020
What makes us love Movies ? why ?
10 July 2019