Why Do We Love Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam Even Now?
It has been 19 years since Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam released in theatres, the only movie which has been a golden favourite to both critics and masses alike. We might have watched it many times on TV only for the love triangle between Nandini, Sameer and Vanraj.
The movie not only started the affair between Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai but it also revamped Aishwarya Rai's career in Bollywood, which made her a bankable star in Bollywood. The movie is considered to be one of Bhansali's greatest works till date. Ajay Devgan was also applauded in various award functions.
Here are some of cherished moments we all loved while watching this movie:
1. Superb Music: The music was one of the most loved music of them all.We can never forget Nandini’s entry song Man Mohini, the song Albela Sajan which has fusion of Western and Indian classical music, the pranks played by Salman and Aishwarya on each other in the song Ankhon ki gustakhiyan, Chand Chupa Badal mein, a perfect romantic ballad for valentine’s day, Nimbodaa for every girl who has danced to this song in school, Tadap Tadap, which is used as a meme frequently on social media, Dholi Taro was frequently played during Navratri, You tend to feel the pain when Nandini gets shot in the song Jhonka Hawa Ka, the intensity of Kite festival in Kai Po Che and the title song is played as a background throughout the movie as the theme. The soundtrack is a must-keep in everyone's closet.
2. Perfect characterisation of the roles: Sameer, charming, suave and lovable, Nandini, feisty, arrogant and volatile, Vanraj, shy, inferior and caring. These three characters are perfectly written by the director, we even tend to feel for them as well.
3. An essence of humanity: We might hate Nandini’s Baba for not recognizing Sameer and Nandini relationship and made her marry Vanraj. However, most of us feel the pain when Sameer is banished from the haveli and Nandini goes bezerk because of it. Vanraj’s kindness, which warms up Nandini’s heart towards him when he helps her reunite with her lover in a foreign land despite many hardships faced during the journey.
4. Awesome locations: The movie is shot at a fort located at the Gujarat-Rajasthan borders, which happens to be the haveli where Nandini lives and Budapest, Hungary. I know most of you thought that it is Italy where Sameer lives but the whole movie is shot in Budapest and the director named it Italy for the sake of Indian audience.
5. A reel-life romance turned real-life: The main highlight of the movie was the romance between Salman and Aishwarya Rai, which was very much popular in the day post the release. Just like the movie, even their romance died because of their violent breakup and various allegations.
6. A unique relationship of Sameer’s parents: Mostly Bollywood were typecasting parents like an emotional melodramatic mother or a dictorial father. This movie had Sameer speaking to his father by facing the sky kind of what director used to do when he used to speak to his father during his childhood and a friends like equation between Sameer and his mother. The movie also brought Salman and his real-life mother Helen together.
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
Top 10 Malayalam Movies of 2018
04 January 2019
The Miracles And Mishaps Of 2018 In Kollywood
02 January 2019
The Miracles And Mishaps Of 2018 In Bollywood
02 January 2019