The Miracles And Mishaps Of 2018 In Tollywood
Tollywood had a very good year in terms of box office, there were many films which have exceeded our expectations this time. Most of these films were backed with a good storyline and awesome performances. But there were some despite being having good starcast turned out to be a waste of time for the audience.
Here is my list of the miracles of this year in Tollywood:
1. Mahanati: After a dry spell in the industry during the beginning of the year, this film Mahanati opened the doors of box office to a large section of the crowd. The main highlight was Keerthy Suresh who immortalised the late actress Savitri with her acting and stunning visuals which made the audience want for more. The film was packed with an ensemble starcast and historical accuracy.
2. Rangasthalam: The Ram Charan and Samantha-starrer Rangasthalam took the audience to the roots and it was well appreciated for its storyline. The song Rangamma Mangamma got 100 Million views on YouTube and that was the first time a regional music video achieved that status.
3. Goodachari: This was one of a kind spy thriller which could put the popular Hollywood spy franchises to shame with its original storyline. The film featured Adivi Sesh in the lead and Prakash Raj in the supporting role. The movie was packed with edge-of-the-seat moments and thrilling sequences which take you on a rollercoaster ride.
4. Geetha Govindham: Vijay Deverakonda’s next runaway hit after Arjun Reddy brought him in a different league. The chemistry between him and Geetha Govindham became the talking point of the film and it went on collecting more than expected at the box office. Apart from the storyline, the songs were chartbusters and there were many repeat listenings of them.
5. Bharat Ane Nenu: Mahesh Babu took everyone by surprise with his role as the student who takes charge of his political family’s legacy by becoming a chief minister of the state. Many critics praised Mahesh’s acting in the film and the chemistry between him and Kiara Advani was the talking point of the film.
- Tholi Prema
There were some films which were nothing more than torture in the guise of star power. We got hypnotized by these flicks and didn’t realize that we were in a trance the whole time.
Here are the mishaps of 2018 which betrayed us:
1. Nela Ticket: This film was nothing more than torture for most of us. Ravi Teja is playing the same kinds of roles for a very long long time. Terribly screenplay and the same old story makes this unwatchable for this year.
2. Next Enti: Kunal Kohli’s directorial debut which featured Sundeep Kishan and Tamanaah in lead roles was nothing more than a pain for us. The director wanted to recreate the same magic which he did 14 years ago with Hum Tum but sadly it turned out to be a grape juice turning rotten instead of wine.
3. Officer: The combination of Ram Gopal Varma and Nagarjuna was expected to work miracles in the box office. But despite the film having good camerawork and technical aspects, the story turned out to be stale.
4. Srinivasa Kalyanam: Most of us have seen such kinds of films back in the 90s and they were mostly dubbed films from Rajshri productions. But this was testing our patience in such a way that we can’t get over it. This was almost everything good on-steroids.
5. Amar Akbar Anthony: Not to be confused with Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan’s classic film of the same name. This one will make every med school graduate go back to school and learn what kind of split personality makes a person speak in different languages.
- Ye Mantram Vesame
- Chal Mohan Ranga
- Kiraak Party - MLA
- Naa Peru Surya
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
Top 5 Pandemic Movies To Watch In Self Quarantine.
24 March 2020
What makes us love Movies ? why ?
10 July 2019