The Miracles And Mishaps Of 2018 In Kollywood
Amidst the biggest stars, there were many other films which have managed to win a lot of hearts this time in the box office. Most of these films were packed with good content and actors who can actually act.
There were some which turned out to be surprise packages in the form of content and performances, whereas some of them turned out to be ditching our expectations.
Here are the miracles of 2018 in Kollywood:
1. 96: One of Trisha and Vijay Sethupathi’s best film till date, both the actors blended very well in this simple and pure film which got people of different tastes together. The story revolved around two school friends who meet after many years and start rekindling their romance from then on. This was a treat to watch in theatres.
2. Chekka Chivantha Vanam: Mani Ratnam has used his usual craft of filmmaking which is partially inspired by Akira Kurosawa and Martin Scorsese’s style. This time he chose to go just like Francis Ford Coppola did in The Godfather. The film revolved around a don who gets ambushed during a ritual and the three sons who are different parts of the world unite to find the perpetrator behind the cowardly act. Some of the actresses were given good focus and Rahman’s music was just applause-worthy.
3. Irumbu Thirai: India’s first-ever action thriller explaining the current scenario when the privacy has been invaded in the form of technology. Vishal played his part very well and Arjun Sarja was the show-stealer as the antagonist in the film. The film was filled with a lot of unpredictability which made the audience guessing what’s going to happen next.
4. Ratsasan: Vishnu Vishal’s most profitable venture which was just perfect and fueled with suspense. Vishnu Vishal played the role of a police officer who gets a case of a series of murders where the missing teenage girls are ending up dead in gruesome circumstances. The audience got a rollercoaster ride in this film.
5. Seethakathi: Vijay Sethupathi’s most ambitious project where the story was the hero and of course Vijay Sethupathi breathed the role of Ayya in this one. We got to see a time travel from the 50s to the modern era where we could able to relive the golden era.
- Vada Chennai
- Imaikkaa Nodigal
- Adanga Maaru
- Kaatrin Mozhi
- Maari 2
Some of these films were boasting of big names in the industry but they were just so torturesome and painful in disguise. None of these films couldn’t be able to live up to the hype they created.
Here are some of the mishaps of 2018 in Kollywood:
1. Saamy Square: The sequel to 2003 hit Saamy which had Chiyaan Vikram playing the lead in it. The makers wanted to replicate the same magic with this too but sadly it turned out to be a misfire with terrible jokes and unnecessary songs which was hampering the film.
2. Thimiru Pudichavan: These films of the same genre we have been seeing during the 80's and the 90's but sadly some directors are trying to the same thing again and again. There is no doubt that Vijay Anthony plays his part well but still, there is a lot of flaws in the plot which is seen to the naked eye of the audience.
3. Vishwaroopam II: Kamal Haasan’s directorial and the sequel to 2013 hit-yet-controversial Vishwaroopam was much hyped this year and many fans were desperate to witness the sequel of it but it ended up becoming more of a flawed story. Despite some thrilling sequences, the film couldn’t able to replicate the success of the previous venture in the sequel.
4. Seema Raja: Another entertainer which was released to appeal the masses and that also went down the drain. The mantra seemed quite repetitive and the audience was tired of seeing same old stuff on the screen over and over again.
5. Sketch: This happened to be Vikram’s most ambitious release for Pongal this year but there was nothing you could have expected in this film. The film mainly focused on Vikram throughout and Tamanaah had no business to do in the entire duration. The predictable and disappointing plot made this film one of the worst ones.
- Oru Nalla Naal Paathu Solren
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
What makes us love Movies ? why ?
10 July 2019