The Miracles And Mishaps Of 2018 In Bollywood
This year was filled with a lot of surprises in Bollywood, most of the films were heavily relying on good starcast and perfect story which was the driving force of the movies of this year. Some were standing on our expectations and were surprise packages whereas some turned out to be ditching our hopes.
Here are the top miracle films of this year:
1. Stree: The surprise package from Rajkummar Rao which got the audience hooked to it. The main highlight of the film was the quirky storyline and of course Pankaj Tripathi’s acting. The blend of horror and comedy was just mind-blowing, the best part about it was the message which is important in the current climate right now.
2. Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety A film which did not boast of any A-listers and the only thing which it actually relied on was the story. The cast consisted of Kartik Aaryan, Sunny Singh and Nushrat Bharucha who played their parts very well and the songs like Dil Chori and Bom Diggy Diggy was a rage amongst the listeners. The film collected 5 times more than its budget which made it a profitable venture.
3. Raazi: Meghna Gulzar’s next after Talvar was this out-of-the-box spy thriller Raazi, the film featured Alia Bhatt and Soni Razdan for the first time together as mother and daughter on screen. The setting of the 1971 war between India and Pakistan in the movie was just mindblowing. For the first time, we could see that the film did not bring out any regressive or misogynistic themes which most films of the same genre did in the past. This film was the first entrant into the 200-crore club which was quite profitable.
4. Andhadhun: Ayushmann Khurrana stepped out of his comfort zone with this awesome film Andhadhun which was directed by Sriram Raghavan. Ayushmann played his part of a blind pianist to perfection and Tabu was good as always in her part. The suspense elements which were infused in the film was the heart and soul of the film which made everyone guessing what’s going to happen next. This one trumped a big release which was competing on the release day.
5. Badhaai Ho: After giving a glimpse into sperm donation and the pain of erectile dysfunction in Shubh Mangal Saavdhaan, Ayushmann bounced back with another subject with Badhaai Ho. The plot revolved around a young adult whose life goes upside down when he realizes that his middle-aged parents' sex life becomes public due to his mother’s untimely pregnancy. With the realistic environment and not much of glamorization, the film was a long shot at the box office due to positive word-of-mouth.
- 102 Not Out
- Veere Di Wedding
- Bhavesh Joshi Superhero
There was a lot expected from the coveted Khans this time, there were many expectations too from these flicks. But sadly these films turned out to be “Much Ado About Nothing” .
Here are the top mishap films of this year:
1. Race 3: Being a fan of the Race series, I was completely shocked with roping in Salman Khan instead of Saif Ali Khan who was the driving force of the movie. Bad story, terrible acting, lame dialogues and not-so-great music, this one was surely distasteful. Don’t know why they ruined the franchise like anything.
2. Thugs Of Hindostan: Aamir’s films are like the main highlight of every year and most of his films have been making a lot of money in the box office too. But this time, he has taken his “Perfectionist” methods too far and this was pure betrayal which nobody saw it coming in their lives. Terrible direction and unrealistic scenes, the worst thing which got me cringing was why on earth the British officers are speaking to each other in Hindi the whole time.
3. Zero: Many of us thought this would be a comeback from SRK after his dry spell for past four years but this turned out to be worse than any of those you have cringed all your life. Despite the good acting and hummable music, the story seems to be quite tepid and pointless which you won’t get anything.
4. Aiyaary: With the backdrop of the Indian Army and the espionage, this Neeraj Pandey film didn’t live up to our expectations. Even though the actors Manoj Bajpayee and Siddharth Malhotra tried their best in acting, because of the sloppy script, the film was done to death.
5. Namastey England: One of the most illogical films you have ever heard in your entire lifetime. This Arjun-Parineeti starrer after their stint in Ishaqzaade couldn’t able to replicate the same in the box office and the film couldn’t survive the storm in the box office and sank quickly.
- Fanney Khan
- Helicopter Eela
- Sahib, Biwi Aur Gangster 3
- Bhaiyaji Superhit
- Hate Story 4
- Welcome To New York
- Yamla Pagla Deewana Phir Se...
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
Katrina Kaif goes floral for Bharat Promotions
31 May 2019