Ramya Krishnan: The Sivagami Of Indian Cinema (Kollywood)
She has been in the industry for a very long time and she has never shied away from playing negative roles in most of her films in Tamil which is her mother tongue. Ramya Krishnan has come a very long way from being a teenage girl to a full-fledged actress now.
Here is a short ode to the actress who has impressed people with the versatility of the roles:
1. She was born on 15th September 1970 to her parents Krishnan and Maya in a Tamil household in Chennai. She happens to be the niece of the legendary comedian in Tamil Cinema Cho Ramaswamy.
2. She has been given rigorous training in various dance forms ranging from Kuchipudi to Bharatanatyam. She has also given stage performances at formal events. Her dancing skills were shown in Padyappa when she performed an angry dance in this sequence right below.
3. She made her entry into films at the age of 14 with the first film Vellai Manasu in the year 1984 in Tamil. Her Kollywood career was also quite rocksteady with films since her debut and films like Padayappa, Padikkadavan, and many others you can actually name of were quite popular among the fans. In some films, she has shown her bold side by appearing as a guest appearance in the form of dance numbers. She was well appreciated for it.
4. After achieving popularity with her films all over India in various languages, her popularity crossed borders when she was offered the role of Maharani Sivagami in the biggest film of Indian Cinema and that is none other than the Baahubali duology. She immortalized the character of Sivagami with conviction and hard work that it not only impressed the Indians but even the Japanese started applauding the film. The first part of the Baahubali duology was the first Indian film to be nominated at the Saturn Awards in 2016.
5. She had been featuring in TV shows as well, she became a judge for a famous dance reality show called Jodi Number 1. She then started hosting various shows like Thanga Vettai and Bangaram Mee Kosam. Her acting capabilities were also appreciated in various soaps where she was playing a lead role in it.
We just feel like saluting this woman for her immense dedication to the world of Indian Cinema.
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
Top 10 Malayalam Movies of 2018
04 January 2019
The Miracles And Mishaps Of 2018 In Kollywood
02 January 2019
The Miracles And Mishaps Of 2018 In Bollywood
02 January 2019