Ramya Krishnan: The Sivagami Of Indian Cinema (Bollywood)
She has been in the industry for a very long time and she has never shied away in playing negative roles in most of her films in Hindi for a short while. Ramya Krishnan has come a very long way from being a teenage girl to a full-fledged actress now.
Here is a short ode to the actress who has impressed people with the versatility of the roles:
1. She was born on 15th September 1970 to her parents Krishnan and Maya in a Tamil household in Chennai. She happens to be the niece of the legendary comedian in Tamil Cinema Cho Ramaswamy.
2. She has been given rigorous training in various dance forms ranging from Kuchipudi to Bharatanatyam. She has also given stage performances at formal events. Her dance steps in the 1993 superhit film Khalnayak was shown in it and she was the eye-grabber in it.
3. Bollywood also fell in love with her looks in films she was featured, she was only present for a brief moment. She was famous for her roles in films like Khalnayak, Banarsi Babu and Bade Miyan Chote Miyan was her last film in Bollywood.
4. After achieving popularity with her films all over India in various languages, her popularity crossed borders when she was offered the role of Maharani Sivagami in the biggest film of Indian Cinema and that is none other than the Baahubali duology. She immortalized the character of Sivagami with conviction and hard work that it not only impressed the Indians but even the Japanese started applauding the film. The first part of the Baahubali duology was the first Indian film to be nominated at the Saturn Awards in 2016.
5. Most of the 90s kids out there, who were following Shaktimaan when it used to air in TV every evening on DD will be surprised to hear that she had a blink and miss role as a devilish cat in one of the episodes.
We just feel like saluting this woman for her immense dedication to the world of Indian Cinema.
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
The best of red carpet looks by Deepika Padukone
16 May 2019