Kareena Kapoor Khan: One Woman Many Phases
Kareena has been in the industry for 18 long years and she has impressed everyone with acting, dancing and expressions. She looks beautiful when she smiles and her smile speaks everything for her in every film of hers you have seen so far.
Here are the different phases of this talented actress which were quite popular with most of the fans of hers:
1. Inventing Fashion Trends:She has been inventing different fashion trends right from the early stages of her career. Her college chic look in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham got many girls adding her clothes in her closet, the size zero figure in the 2008 film Tashan got most of the girls hitting the gym. Who can ever forget the look in Ra.One’s iconic song Chammak Challo where her iconic saree became a talking point of the film. Her salwar and T-shirt look in Jab We Met became a trendsetter when it released.
2. Too Much Acting: Yes that’s true, sometimes overworking can be very injurious to your career and life. She became the most trolled celebrities for her OTT acting in Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon which gave birth to GIFs and memes. Her iconic dialogues in Kabhi Khushi Gham were the most laughable dialogues which were later taken by BuzzFeed in their sketch called “If Poo Was In Real Life”.
3. Terrible Choices: In her 18 years of her career, she had made mistakes of rejecting many good films which could’ve brought her in the game. She rejected big films like Kal Ho Naa Ho, Black, Queen, Ram Leela and many others you can think of. She still regrets rejecting the role of Naina Catherine Kapoor in Kal Ho Naa Ho which was quite relatable for her, if she hadn’t asked for more fees then Kareena would’ve walked away with the best actor award instead of Preity Zinta.
4. Work With A-listers Only (Not This Time): Apart from her poor decision-making skills, she was only famous for featuring in films where she was reduced to a mere showpiece. But that trend was broken later this year when she was cast opposite Sumit Vyas in the lead in Veere Di Wedding which broke the stereotypes of the actress.
5. Applause Worthy Performances: Despite her terrible choices and overacting, she has managed to give a good show in critically acclaimed films like Chameli, Omkara and Udta Punjab. Chameli happened to be one of the best works to date, who can forget the nuances and the body language of hers when she played the role of a prostitute. Her role in Omkara happened to be the main highlight of the film and was praised, her character Dolly Mishra happened to be the trophy for three men who lusted for her. The controversial film Udta Punjab had Kareena playing a strong role in it, she had a role of a doctor who starts an initiative for eradicating drug addiction in Punjab. These three roles were considered to be her performance-oriented roles in her career.
6. Main Reason For Being Vegetarian: Her family had a long-standing history of men being hardcore foodies ranging from Prithviraj Kapoor to Ranbir Kapoor. The actress chose to become a vegetarian when she met the famous nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar and collaborated her in the book called Don’t Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight. That is the main reason for her size zero figure. She gave it up after marrying Saif Ali Khan.
The actress will be next seen with her Udta Punjab co-star Diljit Dosanjh in Good News and she will be collaborating with her good friend Karan Johar in his magnum opus Takht. We wish her all the best for her ventures.
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
what makes us love Movies ? why ?
10 July 2019