Hum Aapke Hain Koun! Family: What Are They Doing Now?
The film which was a trend setter for most of the families back in those days. The film not only brought the family together but also added some fun elements like childish pranks, games and many things which were popular in every household during weddings and family get-togethers.
Much before Raj-Simran and Rahul-Anjali, there was also another couple which most of us loved and that is Prem and Nisha.
Even, this film is being aired in Zee Cinema for a very long time. Let’s check out the family members of Hum Aapke Hain Koun and what are they doing now:
1. Prem aka Salman Khan: The only Adarsh beta which every mother wishes to have even now. Well, Sallu has come to a long way post this film and he’s much different from the reel-life as in the film he wanted to get married but in real-life he’s happy being single and is currently ruling the box-office.
2. Nisha aka Madhuri Dixit-Nene: The combination of sugar and spice who is mischievous and soft-hearted in the film. Her role became a household name and as the years passed by she settled down and got married to a doctor based in the United States in real-life. Now, the diva is a mother to two children and she’s back in India but she’s only seen judging reality shows and she was last seen in her Marathi film debut The Bucket List.
3. Pooja aka Renuka Shahane: Who can forget the bahu who fell for her death by slipping the staircase and kept the family shaken with her untimely death when everything was going on great in the family. The actress was rarely seen in films but she’s pretty strong in the TV industry and she was last seen in The Bucket List with Madhuri Dixit.
4. Rajesh aka Mohnish Behl: The bhaiyaa of the family whom we frequently adore our entire life and has become a popular character in the recent TVF video titled Yeh Admission Aisi Bhi. The actor was featured in Hum Saath Saath Hain along with Sallu and after that, he tried his hand in TV where he became a household name. He was last seen in Salman Khan’s Jai Ho where he was playing a minor role in it.
5. Kailash Nath aka Alok Nath: The only actor who has become a butt of the joke in various social media handles by nicknaming him Sanskari Babuji which has become a viral trend everywhere. Well, that is so old-fashioned as Sanskari Babuji is not sanskari anymore as he looks completely different in the recent film Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety where he plays the role of a happy-go-lucky grandfather of Titu.
6. Siddharth Chaudhary aka Anupam Kher: A happy-go-lucky father to Pooja and Nisha who is still a child at heart with his innocent looks and awesome comic timing. The veteran actor has been seen in most films as fatherly roles and he was last seen conducting various talks shows like The Anupam Kher Show - Kuch Bhi Ho Sakta Hai where he interviewed various celebrities.
7. Mrs. Chaudhary aka Reema Lagoo: After Nirupa Roy and Nargis Dutt, the 90s cinema got another mother and that is Reema Lagoo who was famous for playing motherly roles in almost every film for various lead actors of Bollywood like Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol. Sadly the actress passed away last year while shooting for Naamkaran after a severe cardiac arrest. May her soul rest in peace.
8. Bhagwanti aka Bindu: The only member in the family who has a very obsessive love for wealth, luxuries, and societal status. The actress was once famous for item numbers and she’s now playing roles according to her age. She was last seen in Main Hoon Naa and Om Shanti Om where she played small roles in it.
9. Professor aka Ajit Vachani: The only member in the family who appreciates Alok Nath’s decision in choosing Renuka Shahane for Mohnish Behl as his soulmate. The actor was also part of various Rajshri films. The actor passed away in 2003.
10. Rita aka Sahila Chadha: The girl who has a one-sided love for Prem and relentlessly pursues her despite Prem’s resistance. The actress is now seen mainly in TV shows playing negative roles.
11. Lalloo aka Lakshmikant Berde: The most loyal servant of the family who is also a family member and becomes the third brother to Prem and Rajesh. The actor was predominantly famous in Marathi film industry and he’s right now not with us anymore.
12. Chameli aka Priya Arun: Another servant in the house who has a soft corner for Lallo and they get married eventually. In real life, she got married to him and now she’s the widow of the actor and also ruling the Marathi film industry.
13. Doctor chacha aka Satish Shah: The only actor in Bollywood who is well known for his good comical roles and he was famous as the role of Indravadan Sarabhai in Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai. You can never forget his iconic Shayari in the movie.
14. Razia aka Himani Shivpuri: The wife of the doctor who becomes a part of the family’s festivities is no stranger to the world of films and she has been acting in various TV shows as well.
15. Bhola Prasad aka Dilip Joshi: Although the role in the film was pretty short, but his comic timing was impeccable in the film. The actor is now ruling the TV as Jethalal Champaklal Gada in the popular TV show Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah which has been running for 11 years.
16. Tuffy, The Dog aka Redo: The cupid who unites Prem and Nisha with the letter written by Pooja before her demise by passing the same letter to Rajesh. The dog was later adopted by Madhuri Dixit after the filming and sadly the dog passed away in 2003.
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
Inside the wardrobe of Malaika Arora
13 June 2019
The best outfits from May 2019
31 May 2019
Katrina Kaif goes floral for Bharat Promotions
31 May 2019