How Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Is Quite Illogical For Us?
The film which was the debut directorial of Karan Johar was released in 1998 and it created a cult following among most of the kids and young adults of that era. The title song of the film became the official theme of Dharma Productions as well.
But there were some who have heavily criticized the film for Karan’s Over-The-Top college and its regressive ending in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
Here are some of the points which proves that this film is illogical in all aspects:
1. Brawls between two people are supposed to be very private in college but the fight between Rahul (Shah Rukh Khan) and Anjali (Kajol) becomes a talk-of-the-town in college and it spreads like wildfire in almost every portion of college.
2. Mr. Malhotra (Anupam Kher) starts scolding some girls in college who are wearing short skirts and he freezes for a second when Ms Braganza (Archana Puran Singh) enters wearing short skirts. He does not do it to his daughter Tina (Rani Mukherjee). What double standards?!
3. When the group wasn’t supposed to perform at the stage, the only people called are Rahul, Anjali and Tina but why only them? Does the college not have anybody who is ultra talented rather than giving preference to the icing of the cake.
4. The summer camp is the biggest highlight in the film but in this camp how come Anjali’s Dad and her granny enter when Col. Almeida had strict rules stating that the camp is strictly for kids not for the family.
5. Hum Ek Baar Jeete Hai, Ek Baar Marte Hai, shaadi bhi ek hi baar hoti aur pyaar bhi ek hi baar hota hai. Look at the double standards of Rahul, he was hitting on Tina from day 1 and even got married to her when he friend zoned Anjali. But when Anjali transformed from a hyperactive tomboy to a more feminine one he married her.
6. We observed that the college is based in Faridabad but which college in Faridabad has greenery, sports stadium, Radio station. Please tell us Karan India Wants To Know!!. More than that, if you are taking your students for a trip to Goa and please tell us how did you take them to Goa by Batplane or did Thanos offer you a lift?
What do you think about this? Please mention in comments below...
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar