Best Roles Played By Ranveer Singh
The livewire of Bollywood, the only actor who has shown his immense talent with films of various genres ranging from romance, action, comedy, period and drama films.
He has also shown his extraordinary energy in dancing especially in songs like Ainvayi Ainvayi, Tatttad Tattad, Tune Maari Entriyaan, Dil Dhadakne Do, Malhari and much recently Khalibali. Apart from dancing, Ranveer Singh is a professional rapper as well and he has written quite a lot of raps himself. Not many of them know that he actually happens to be the nephew of jhakaas actor Anil Kapoor which was never mentioned when he debuted in Band Baaja Baaraat.
Here are some of his iconic roles till date which showed his acting power on the occasion of his birthday:
1. Bittoo Sharma in Band Baaja Baaraat: The role which defined him as the upcoming superstar in the making. The character was of a slacker who is also street smart in finding new solutions in helping Shruti (played by Anushka Sharma) in her wedding planning business. He was mainly famous for his Bread Pakode Ki Kasam dialogue.
2. Varun Srivastava in Lootera: The role which was quite similar to what Dev Anand portrayed in Guide where he played a role of con man who becomes a guide and then possess as a holy man in a remote village. This was completely out of his comfort zone where he played a role of a shy and a handsome chap who is a thief posing as an archaeologist who betrays the woman he loves (played by Sonakshi Sinha) and comes back with regret in order to save her from dying. His portrayal was well appreciated.
3. Ram Rajadi in Goliyon Ki Raasleela - Ram Leela: Ram Leela: An Indian adaptation to Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet which is set during the violent times had Ranveer playing the role of a Romeo who doesn’t get involved in the family business of guns. He is otherwise seen philandering with the local girls or either running a video parlour of sleazy films. You might fall in love with the mischief in his eyes or his cheesy attitude.
4. Bikram in Gunday: Set during the 1971 war, the movie involved two orphans who run away from their home during the formation of Bangladesh and seek refuge in Calcutta and eventually become the leaders of coal mafia. Ranveer plays one of the coal mafia leaders who is daring as well as charming at the same time.
5. Kabir Mehra in Dil Dhadakne Do: Ranveer plays a happy-go-lucky son of a rich but dysfunctional Punjabi family based in Delhi who organise a cruise from Turkey to Greece on the occasion of their wedding anniversary and face their inner conflicts. You may hate him in the beginning but as the movie progresses you will tend to like him.
6. Peshwa Bajirao in Bajirao Mastani: The movie which was Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s dream since 1999 and wanted to cast Salman and Aishwarya post the success of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. After their bitter breakup, Bhansali shelved it and continued with other his ventures. Until when he recognized Ranveer and Deepika in Ram-Leela, he roped them in and the rest is history as Ranveer won the best actor award for it.
7. Alauddin Khilji in Padmaavat: The third collaboration with Bhansali where he played the ruthless Mughal emperor who lusts for every beautiful woman in any part of the world and his performance overshadowed Shahid Kapoor and Deepika Padukone. You will fall in love with his Khalibali dance if you are a ghoomar lover.
He has two other films pipelined ranging from Rohit Shetty's Simmbaa and a biopic on Kapil Dev titled 83.
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
The best of red carpet looks by Deepika Padukone
16 May 2019