Best Roles Of Kajol Which Makes Her Memorable Even Now
The only actress who has aged gracefully like a vintage wine, Kajol. Despite being a mother to two children. Most of us can never forget her innocent smile and her child-like looks. She has been ruling both the generations with her films. She has never failed to impress us in one bit.
Here are some of her roles which we can never forget:
1. Priya Chopra in Baazigar: The first film which featured the iconic SRK-Kajol and also one of her best films as well. Kajol played the role of a rich man’s daughter who sets out to find her sister’s killer, when the killer is actually her fiancee (SRK) who has a vendetta with her family. This film established her base in Bollywood.
2. Simran Singh in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge: One of the most iconic characters in Bollywood, which every girl relates to herself now. Kajol played a docile yet lovable girl who has not forgotten her roots despite living in London for 25 years. The role won her multiple awards at various functions.
3. Isha Diwan in Gupt - The Hidden Truth: This one you have never seen it coming in your entire life. Kajol played the role of an innocent girl who turns out to be a cold-blooded killer with an obsession to get Sahil back in her life. She became the first woman to get the best actress in a negative role award.
4. Sonia and Naina Sehgal in Dushman: This was one of the biggest risks of her career where she played the role of sugar and spice. The sugar is Naina who is very shy and coy, meanwhile, the spice is Sonia who is outgoing, daring and bold. You will tend to feel the pain when Sonia is brutally raped and murdered by Gokul (Ashutosh Rana) and Naina gets a makeover to take revenge against him. The role fetched her nominations for her portrayal.
5. Anjali Sharma in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: Most of us always want a friend like her who is very helpful, understanding and soft-hearted, but it is tough to decide which one of her to choose, the hyperactive Tomboy or the feminine one. Nevertheless, this was the third outing of SRK-Kajol which was yet again a box-office-success.
6. Anjali Raichand nee Sharma in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham: The second outing with Karan Johar and once again reunion with SRK. This one is of a bubbly cricket crazy and the wackiest girl who belongs to a lower socio-economic family and marries the adopted son of a multi-millionaire tycoon. They are exiled from their family and live in London for more than 10 years. For the role, Kajol had to learn Punjabi to get into the feel of a girl from Chandni Chowk. This was her last film before she took maternity leave.
7. Zooni Ali Baig in Fanaa: One of the most loved films of her careers where she made a comeback after a 5-year maternity break. In this film, she paired opposite Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan. She played the role of a blind Kashmiri girl who falls in love with a happy-go-lucky tourist guide Rehan (Aamir Khan) who has a darker side of his life which can destroy her life forever. She again won the best actress award once again.
8. Mandira Khan nee Rathore in My Name is Khan: Another SRK-Kajol film which was again a treat for most of the fans to watch. Kajol played the role of a single mother residing in San Francisco, USA who befriends Rizwan (Shah Rukh Khan) who suffers from Asperger’s Syndrome and eventually gets married to him only to suffer the consequences post 9/11. The role was well suited for her age and she did pretty well in the emotional scenes too. Again she won the best actress award for her portrayal.
We need to see more from the actress in the later years.
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
Top 5 Pandemic Movies To Watch In Self Quarantine.
24 March 2020
What makes us love Movies ? why ?
10 July 2019