Best Films of Anurag Kashyap To Binge Watch
He is one of the most acclaimed directors in the film industry who has managed to give content-worthy films in his decade-long career, Most of his films have been featured in the Cannes Film Festival most of the time.
Before he made his debut in directorial, he was a screenwriter in the 90s and wrote amazing films like Satya, Kaun, Nayak and Shool. He has made such trend worthy films which have a cult following on the audience as well. Apart from films, he has directed India's first Netflix series Sacred Games which gave birth to characters like Ganesh Gaitonde, Bunty, Sartaj Singh and Kukoo. His production house Phantom has produced noteworthy films like Udaan, Lootera, Queen, The Lunchbox, Masaan, NH10 and lastly Udta Punjab.
Here are some of his iconic films you should binge watch this time:
1. Black Friday: One of the most controversial films of his career which revolved around the devastating 1993 Bomb Blasts which had paralyzed the entire city of Mumbai. The film was released three years later and was opened to critical acclaim when it hit the theatres.
2. Dev D: A modern take of Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay's novel Devdas was perfect with the modern audience and the best part about the film was the characterization of the roles and the music which was a rage among the listeners especially Emotional Attyachar and Pardesi.
3. Mukkabaaz: This film marked the existence of Vineet Kumar Singh who was struggling for a period of 16 years in the industry and this film finally managed to give him a break in the industry. This one is a must watch.
4. Gangs of Wasseypur 1 & 2: The iconic film in Kashyap's career which is quite popular with the youth and is also on par with classics like The Godfather, Scarface, Pulp Fiction and many other crime films in Hollywood you can think of. This was the best film duology in his career.
5. Raman Raghav 2.0: The only film which brought nightmares to most of us especially because of Nawaz's creepy nature and the brutal murders he commits. The film also starred Vicky Kaushal in the supporting role and he managed to put up a good show in the film.
Honorary Mentions: Gulaal, Ugly, That Girl In Yellow Boots
Bollywood needs filmmakers like him who knows how to impress the class-worthy audience. His latest film Manmarziyan is going to hit the theatres this Friday, let's see how this film will fare in the box office.
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
The best of red carpet looks by Deepika Padukone
16 May 2019