Best Films Of Akkineni Nageswara Rao To Bingewatch
He is the matinee idol of Tollywood and his films have been quite popular with people of different generations with his diverse choice of films he has made so far. The fan frenzy was huge during his time and it still continues even now.
Here is a coveted list of Akkineni Nageswara Rao’s films for every movie buff to binge watch:
1. Devadasu: After many film adaptations in different languages of Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s famed book Devdas, the film was also made in Telugu with Nageswara playing the role of Devdas. The film was quite simple and grounded. It even stayed true to its roots as well. The film was simultaneously dubbed in Tamil as well and was mentioned in the top films list by CNN-IBN .
2. Manam: The last film of his before he bid goodbye to heavenly abode, the film united his family members mainly his grandson Naga Chaitanya and son Nagarjuna in this magnum opus film. The film released just four months after he passed away during the production process and when the film released, it was opened for appreciation from various critics.
3. Chanakya Chandragupta: A historical film where he shared screen presence with the pillar of Tollywood NT Rama Rao. The film revolves around the partnership of Chanakya and King Chandragupta to finish Alexander The Great from invading their kingdom. The film had a lot of special effects with stunning visuals to enthral the audience.
4. Missamma: A satirical comedy fused with a lot of romantic elements in it. The film explores the themes of unemployment, corruption and freedom of expression. The film was shot in Chennai and the best part about this film is that it completed a 100 day run in the theatres during the time of its release. The film paved way for multiple remakes in different languages. The actor was paired with the diva of Tollywood Savitri.
5. Tenali Ramakrishna: The tale of a famous jester in the royal kingdom who is filled with a lot of wits, intelligence and humour were adapted into the big screen in this film. Nageswara stepped into the shoes of the film and the best part about the film is that it retained the authenticity of the original story as well. The film was awarded the All India Certificate of Merit For Best Feature Film.
6. Mayabazar: An epic film which will be remembered by most of the youngsters for generations to come. The film had almost everything which had all the elements ranging from an excellent soundtrack, stunning visuals and the film ran for silver jubilee as well. The chemistry between Nageswara and Savitri was well appreciated. The film’s script was later converted into a novel after its success.
7. Seetharamaiah Gari Manavaralu: This film was quite popular during the early 90s and the best part about the film was the importance of being part of a family and the mutual understanding between the members. The film was screened at the International Indian Film Festival in 1991 conducted at Chennai. Nageswara won best actor award for his role.
8. Sri Ramadasu: A magnum opus film which was a milestone in Nagarjuna’s career was this film. Both father and son shared space together in this film. Nageswara played the role of Saint Kabir who enters the newly constructed temple and breaks the stereotypes of religion. This one was a complete treat for the viewers.
9. Sri Rama Rajyam: The continuation of Ramayana which showed Ram’s tenure as the king of Ayodhya and what challenges he faced when his wife Sita was made to live a reclusive life in a forest and the birth of Luv and Kush. The film was also screen at the International Film Festival in Goa in 2011.
Will there be any other actor to be on par with him in the industry?
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
Katrina Kaif goes floral for Bharat Promotions
31 May 2019