Actors Whose Careers Were Revived By Their Films
When a ray of hope falls in the darkest of times of every person, that person wakes up and walks towards the light and eventually overcomes the darkness. This is what happened with the actors in Bollywood who took risks by walking on the dark path and eventually leading their way towards the light.
Here are the actors whose careers were revived by their films:
1. Katrina Kaif: With her inability to speak Hindi got her losing many film offers and suddenly Vipul A Shah offered her a role of Jasmeet aka Jazz in Namastey London which established her base in Bollywood and she went on becoming a bankable star with her efficiency of speaking in hindi from her “own” voice for the first time.
2. Amitabh Bachchan: The multiple films of his production house ABCL failing in box office caused the bankruptcy of Shahenshah and he was on the verge of coming in the streets as well. But Yash Chopra saved him with Mohabbatein and there was no more turning back after that.
3. Salman Khan: With cases of Hit and Run, Blackbuck hunting and bitter breakups affected Sallu and his career, mostly he was typecasted for playing good boy roles in films like Hum Saath Saath Hain, Chori Chori Chupke Chupke all the time. But Wanted gave him a second chance to redeem himself and he’s particularly famous now in either action or comedy genre.
4. Deepika Padukone: With Om Shanti Om making her an overnight star, Deepika was losing out for more than four years by featuring in movies which never propelled her career except Love Aaj Kal. But with the role of wild party girl Veronica in Homi Adajania’s Cocktail gave her a boon and the rest is history.
5. Sonam Kapoor: With debut film Saawariya bombing in the box office and a controversial statement on Ranbir Kapoor in Koffee With Karan got her jobless for three years and finally she resurfaced with Raanjhana which got her noticed for the role of Zoya Qureshi and got her first best actress nomination.
6. Shahid Kapoor: With Kaminey excelling in the box office, but for the next five years he ended up losing his base in Bollywood with films which were bombing frequently in box office. But after uniting with Vishal Bharadwaj in Haider, his journey to success began with winning awards for not just Haider but even for Udta Punjab.
7. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: Being an actress doesn’t always mean that you should be a pretty face for the rest of your lives. That’s what happened with Ash when everyone were branding her as plastic. She proved her worth with Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam which made her a bankable star in Bollywood.
8. Priyanka Chopra: After playing the role of a sexy seductress in Aitraaz, Priyanka Chopra had a lot of highs and lows in her career and there was a time when most critics thought that she’s gone forever. Until Madhur Bhandarkar offered her Fashion which Priyanka was hesitant to take but after much convincing she agreed and the rest is history as you have seen that she won best actress for it and she even won the national award for it as well.
9. Ranbir Kapoor: After Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Ranbir Kapoor was on the rock bottom with multiple films emerging out as disasters and underperformed. But Sanju came like a boon from the sky and actor is earning appreciation for his immense portrayal of Sanjay Dutt.
10. Vidya Balan: After earning appreciation for her films like Parineeta and Lage Raho Munnabhai, Vidya Balan was heavily criticised for her choice of roles and dressing sense most of the time but when she was featured in R. Balki’s Paa. She made a record of winning best actress for four years for her films like Paa, Ishqiya, The Dirty Picture, Kahaani and after four year setback she resurrected with Tumhari Sulu.
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
A Bollywood guide to Sequin Dresses.
19 March 2019