A 23 Year Old Journey Which Changed Sanjay Dutt's Life Forever
Everyone knows about how Sanjay Dutt’s timeline in jail started in the year 1993 when Mumbai was reeling with the fear of a multiple coordinated attack which happened when Sanjay Dutt was shooting in Mauritius for his film with Feroz Khan.
Let’s have look at this journey and how it all began:
1. Sanjay Dutt had made friendship with Dawood Ibrahim through a mutual friend in Dubai while shooting for Yalgaar and they were seen together during every event ranging from tea parties to iftar.
2. Sanjay Dutt received a consignment of AK 56 and a bunch of hand grenades which he had accepted from an arms dealer. They were only kept for protection as it was during the time when Bombay was burning during the 1992 Bombay Riots which had crippled the city for a very long time. Those weapons were actually for safety as his father Sunil Dutt was receiving a lot of death threats for stopping the riots.
3. When the news of the bomb blast came in various news channels and newspapers, Sunil Dutt immediately called Sanjay Dutt on the phone about this. Sanjay replied that he was not involved in it.
4. Baffled Sanjay immediately called his friends and asked them to destroy the AK 56 which was present in his home before any more chaos start escalating.
5. By the time, he arrived from Mauritius to Mumbai, the Mumbai Police immediately spotted him at the airport and arrested him on the spot. While in the police station Sanjay Dutt immediately confessed about what actually happened and also agreed to cooperate with the authorities by revealing the details about Dawood Ibrahim.
6. In April 1993, Sanjay Dutt was charged under the TADA (Terrorist and Disruptive Activities) act by the Supreme Court, but Dutt applied for bail after two years and subsequently released on October 1995 but was again re-arrested on December 1995. The actor was released once again in 1997 on bail but was again resurfaced in the year 2006 and the actor was sentenced to serve seven months in the prison.
7. Sanjay Dutt confessed in the court about the time when he was actually being targeted by the underworld and he was even scared for his family’s safety as well. But the judge refused to listen to his query and he was shifted from Yerwada Jail to Arthur Road Jail. He was even offered to work with the Samajwadi Party but his conviction was not suspended and he was given the General Secretary position which he resigned in December 2010.
8. Sanjay Dutt finally decided to surrender on March 2013, he was only charged with illegal possession of weapons and other charges were acquitted. The sentence was meant for 5 years which caused a huge blow to the entire film fraternity. The actor earned Rs 450 per day by making paper bags, he also became a Radio Jockey in the jail complex and started motivating everyone with his struggle and how he fell into the trap of underworld. Despite living in the cell, Sanjay Dutt turned spiritual by reading Hanuman Chalisa and Bhagwat Gita most of the time. The sentence was cut short based on his good behaviour and walk out of the prison as a free man holding his head high.
Will Ranbir Kapoor able to emote this rocky journey to us in Sanju this friday
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar
SEND 'JOIN' TO +917892385712 TO CONNECT WITH US ON WHATSAPP
Top 10 Malayalam Movies of 2018
04 January 2019
The Miracles And Mishaps Of 2018 In Kollywood
02 January 2019
The Miracles And Mishaps Of 2018 In Bollywood
02 January 2019