16 Madhuri Dixit Songs For Every Aspiring Dancer On Her Birthday
The only actress who has been a dream to most of the 90s kids and always graced everyone with her cute smile and angelic looks, that is none other than Madhuri Dixit. Despite being the mother of two right now, the beauty and grace remain the same in her dancing too for which she is well known for.
Here are some of Madhuri Dixit songs which every aspiring dancer practices on their rehearsal:
1. Ek Do Teen: The year it started, the song from ‘Tezaab’ was so popular in the mid 80s that even now the song is popular among the masses. Despite the remake of this classic later this year in 'Baaghi 2', this song will be a diamond in our hearts.
2. Hum Ko Aaj Kal Hai Intezaar: The only thing you remember in this song is her lavani costume, even though the film ‘Sailaab’ was not that famous. This song continued to be popular back in the day and performed in every reality show as well.
3. Dhak Dhak Karne Laga: Who can forget that “Ouch” in the beginning? The iconic song from ‘Beta’ which was ahead of our times and still played on the loop because of its lyrics. This song was shot without any retakes with the help of Saroj Khan’s choreography. The iconic saree in the song was auctioned for Rs.80,000.
4. Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai: The time when there was a brewing romance between Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit while filming for it in ‘Khalnayak’, the song created a controversy because of its obscene lyrics and banned from All India Radio as well. Despite this obstacle, BBC voted it the hottest song in the year 2013.
5. Chane Ke Khet Mein: The song from ‘Anjaam', which was the 1st one to be remixed by a DJ as well. The song is popular only for her iconic step which every girl dances even now.
6. Didi Tera Devar Deewana: The most popular song from ‘Hum Aapke Hain Kaun’ which became popular because of its fashion statement. The backless blouse and the saree worn by her became a “must-add” in every girl’s wardrobe and the choreography was just superbly done. The catapult moment has been priceless for the fans.
7. Mera Piya Ghar Aaya: The song from ‘Yaarana’ which happens to be a cover of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s song of the same name minus the classical tone. The song was an item number which was mainly played in weddings because of the lyrics.
8. Koi Ladki Hai: The iconic song from ‘Dil Toh Pagal Hai’, which will make every adult revisit his/her childhood. The best part about this song is that rain plays an important role in the song and that makes any person to dance in the rain with this song.
9. Akhiyaan Milaoon Kabhi: The song from the movie ‘Raja’ which was not only famous for the dance but for Madhuri Dixit moving her eyes left and right in the start of the song. You will fall in love with the song if you were in the 90’s.
10. Kay Sera Sera: The song from ‘Pukar’, which made her step out of her comfort zone by dancing just like Michael Jackson in the song along with Prabhudeva. The best part of this song was the sync between Prabhudeva and Madhuri Dixit which was looking like Prabhudeva’s twin sister is dancing with him.
11. Maar Daala: As mentioned, the reincarnation of Madhubala. This was shown in this song from ‘Devdas’. The green anarkali she wore in the song was weighed 15 kilos and there were rumours that she was pregnant during the shoot, which actually was true, the dress was sold for worth Rs 3 crores in an auction.
12. Kaahe Chhed Mohe: Another song from ‘Devdas’, which was choreographed by Pandit Birju Maharaj who is an ace in Kathak. The outfit worn by Madhuri caused a problem as it weighed 30 kilos because of the design. However, she put up a good show with it with a lighter one which weighed 16 kilos. The song was also sung by her simultaneously.
13. Dola Re Dola: The song which created a history in the movie ‘Devdas’ had two heroines featured in it including Madhuri Dixit and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. The song had almost many retakes as it involved a lot of physical efforts. Owing to the success, the song was also performed by the duo at a concert in New York in 2008.
14. Aaja Nachle & O Re Piya: The comeback songs of hers post marriage and children, you can see her Kathak skills in both the songs. The songs were well received by the audience but the film was not well received. Nevertheless, the songs remain a cult classic even now.
15. Ghagra: The official item song from the movie ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ featured Madhuri Dixit in an extended cameo, her appearance was a dream-come-true moment for the lead actor Ranbir Kapoor, who was a die-hard fan of hers.
16. Houn Jau Dya: The latest one which is featured in the Marathi debut of the dhak dhak girl which has given a great glimpse of her dancing skills and a reunion with her ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’ actress.
Meet the author
Studied Computers But Found Calling In Writing Loves Friends and Game Of Thrones, Huge Fan of Akshay Kumar