Raghava Lawrence comes back as the director of Akshay Kumar’s ‘Laaxmi Bomb’.
Actor-filmmaker Raghava Lawrence, who recently opted out of directing the Akshay Kumar-starrer Hindi horror-comedy 'Laxmmi Bomb', just announced that he is back on the team of 'Laaxmi Bomb'.
Akshay Kumar's Laaxmi Bomb was in trouble when the director of the film Raghava Lawrence backed out of the project.
Now the maker has just announced that he is back on the team of Laxmmi Bomb. He took to Twitter to make his announcement. Here’s what he wrote on Twitter:
“Hi, Dear Friends and Fans...! As you wished I would like to let you know that I am back on board as a director of #LaxmmiBomb with @akshaykumar”.
He also shared a photo with Akshay Kumar, along with the following message:
“Hi, dear friends and fans..! As you wished I would like to let you know that I am back on board as a director of Laxmmi Bomb. A big thank you to AKSHAY KUMAR sir for understanding my feelings and sorting all issues, another thank you to my Producer SHABINAA KHAN for the same. Thanks to both for giving me respect. I am really happy to be a part of the film again with AKSHAY sir. Thank you all...
Previously, less than a month after Laxmmi Bomb went on floors, Lawrence decided to exit it after the makers unveiled the film's first look without his knowledge.
“There is an old popular saying in Tamil which tells 'Don't step into any house where there is no respect'. In this world, more than money and fame, self-respect is the most important attribute to a person's character. So I have decided to step out of the project, 'Laaxmi Bomb', the Hindi remake of 'Kanchana'," Lawrence wrote in a note he posted on his Twitter page.
He said there were multiple reasons for his exit, “but one of them is that the first look poster of the film was released without my knowledge and even without discussing anything with me. I was informed about this by a third person. It is very painful for a director to know about his movie's first look release from others.”
Dear Friends and Fans..!I— Raghava Lawrence (@offl_Lawrence) May 18, 2019
In this world, more than money and fame, self-respect is the most important attribute to a person's character. So I have decided to step out of the project, #Laxmmibomb Hindi remake of Kanchana@akshaykumar
@RowdyGabbar @Advani_Kiara pic.twitter.com/MXSmY4uOgR
Raghava Lawrence felt “disrespected and disappointed.”
Soon after, he said that he was considering returning to the project, provided he is given the respect he deserves. He took to Twitter to announce that after his exit, both Akshay Kumar’s and his fans are repeatedly requesting him to join the project, and he was overwhelmed by their love. He wrote, "The producers are coming to Chennai to meet me. If I'm given proper self-respect for my job, then I'll think about it. Let's see what happens after the meeting. I wanted to share this message with fans who were genuinely concerned."
Laxmmi Bomb is the remake of 2011 Raghava Lawrence hit Kanchana. The remake is scheduled to release on 2020.
Pailwaan Movie Review: It's a Kiccha Sudeep's Show.
12 September 2019