Five interesting facts about Katrina Kaif
Katrina Kaif is all set to tie the knot with Vicky Kaushal in December. Although Katrina has successfully created a niche for herself in Bollywood and is a household name today, there are many things about the actress that you may not know. Here are five such interesting facts.
- Katrina Kaif was born in Hong Kong to an English mother and a Kashmiri father and has five sisters. The actress was actually born with the last name ‘Turquotte’. However, Ayesha Shroff, who was the producer of her first film, ‘Boom’, suggested that she change it to something simpler for the Indian audience to pronounce. Thus came into being Katrina Kaif.
- Katrina Kaif is undoubtedly one of the most popular and loved actresses we have in Bollywood. While she herself has many favourites in Bollywood, the ‘Bharat’ star thinks Kareena Kapoor is the toughest act to match. In an interview with a magazine in the past, Katrina had said that Kareena has played some amazing roles and has never resorted to portraying herself in a demeaning manner. According to her, Bebo is a formidable force to reckon with. Apart from Kareena, Katrina also adores Madhuri Dixit, Johnny Depp, Kajol, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Apart from acting, what Katrina Kaif enjoys doing in her free time is dancing and listening to music. The actress loves listening to Coldplay, Muse, and Radiohead. Also, not many know that she is an avid chess player.As far as food is concerned, although Katrina has got used to eating desi foods in India, she cannot help but have a strong liking for English foods since she has grown up eating them.
- Not many know that Katrina Kaif is the only Bollywood actress who has a Barbie doll modelled after her alongside international icons like Marilyn Monroe, Shakira, Audrey Hepburn, Heidi Klum, and Elizabeth Taylor. The actress also walked a fashion show on Barbie’s 50th birthday in 2009. According to reports, on the same day, a toy-making company in India presented Katrina with a 'Katrina Kaif Barbie Doll'.
- Katrina Kaif is afraid of many things including darkness and height. The actress also has some superstitious beliefs when it comes to her professional life. She is known to visit Mumbai's Siddhivinayak Temple, Mount Mary Church, and the Ajmer Sharif Dargah before the release of every film.
Release Date Announced for Thalapathy Vijay's 'Leo' Trailer
03 October 2023
Tiger Nageshwar Rao Trailer Out!
03 October 2023