10 Years Of Madhur Bhandarkar's Fashion: The Ruthless World Of Fame And Luxury Which Is True Right Now
Fashion happens to be Madhur Bhandarkar's finest works till date after Chandni Bar and Page 3. The film also revamped the careers of Priyanka Chopra and Kangana Ranaut.
After Chandni Bar portrayed the shady lifestyle of bar dancers in Mumbai and Page 3 showed the dark side of A-listers party. Madhur Bhandarkar came up with a subject which nobody had ever thought of doing a film on it. The film was called Fashion which portrayed the darker side of the fame and luxury where everything comes with a price.
Fashion explored the inside of the ramp ranging from makeup rooms, designers, businessmen and of course models.
Here are some of the instances from the film which is quite similar to what is going on right now in the movie industry like the #MeToo, Casting Couch etc..
1. All That Glitters Is Not Gold: This is very true in the world of glamour, glitz and fame where everything looks so attractive from the outside but if you go inside there is no room for morals and ethics. That is shown in this scene when Shonali's (Kangana Ranaut) lifestyle is portrayed where she has an abusive relationship with her boyfriend and snorts cocaine.
2. The Price For Getting Fame: In the world of fame, there are some compromises which need to be made and the "so-called" pundits state that methods, like sleeping with someone or making an obscene photoshoot, is the instant way to get fame. That is shown when Meghna (Priyanka Chopra) is made to shoot for a lingerie advertisement to get money to sustain in the industry.
3. Inside World Of Fashion Industry: The industry is filled with many sorts of characters ranging from straight designers, transgender makeup crew, bitching models and manipulative businessmen. This video is the given proof which states everything.
4. One Small Incident Becomes A Talk-Of-The-Town: When Shonali undergoes a wardrobe malfunction during the fashion show, there are snoopy journalists who tend to spice up their headlines to attract an audience. Every person has their own story to make an incident spicier.
5. The Price Of Being Famous: Meghna starts enjoying her life like its no tomorrow and she realizes that she's been deceived in her affair with her boss. In retaliation, she ends up driving under influence and unfortunately gets caught for it.
What do you think about this? Please mention in the comments below...
Mikhael Movie Review
18 January 2019
Birbal Trilogy Case 1: Finding Vajramuni Movie Review
17 January 2019
Why Cheat India Movie Review
17 January 2019
Top 10 Malayalam Movies of 2018
04 January 2019